What has HBA Student Ministries had to change this year in regards to COVID-19 Guidelines?
We are so excited to be able to offer this conference to students to attend IN PERSON for 2021! While we will be meeting in person at Ridgecrest Conference Center as usual, we will be having to make some changes to keep in step with COVID-19 Guidelines and above all to ensure the health and safety of our students and chaperones. With that being said, here are a few items you need to know on our end:
- We will be limiting the number of attendees to 1,000. The reason behind this limitation is due to the maximum capacity numbers in our shared spaces being lowered for Social Distancing measures. For example, the main auditorium will be limited to seating 500 people at a time, and the cafeteria will be limited to 300 people at a time.
- Once our registration is at maximum capacity we will no longer be able to accept new group registrations.
- We will be implementing a 2 group block schedule for the entire weekend. The 2 groups will hold a maximum of 500 people each. Your church’s group will be placed in one of the two groups by us once we have all of our groups registered. Colored bracelets will be given out to each attendee indicating which group they belong to.
- We will not be utilizing the indoor gyms for free time. There are still plenty of outdoor activities available, but there will be no indoor tournaments.
- Each person will be required to sign a liability waiver provided by Ridgecrest Conference Center in regards to their COVID-19 Guidelines. Upon check-in each group leader will need to bring their group’s signed waivers to the registration area. Here is the link to the Waiver Form
What has Ridgcrest Conference Center had to change this year in regards to COVID-19 Guidelines?
The following quote from RCC can be found on their webiste here
COVID-19 has impacted all of our lives. At Ridgecrest, the health and safety of our guests and team members is a top priority. Our staff are continually reviewing applicable safety guidelines, and have updated Ridgecrest’s processes and procedures to ensure excellence while minimizing risk. In doing so, we are following guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of North Carolina and the Buncombe County Department of Health and Human Services, including the 3-W’s:
- Wear a cloth face covering if you will be with other people. (Bring this with you to Ridgecrest, out of consideration for others, masks are required for all individuals 11 years old and older inside and outside.) “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4
- Wait 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Whenever possible, maintain social distancing (at least 6′) from other individuals not in your family.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth while inside unless actively eating or speaking to a group.
- Be respectful and intentional about protecting your own health and that of others.
- Individuals under 18 years old should remain in the proximity of and under the monitoring of their parents.
- Comply with team member instructions and requests related to the expectations above.
These guidelines are based on input from government authorities, guidance from a consensus of medical authorities, and our intention to provide excellent service while minimizing risk to our guests and team members. Individuals who are unwilling to comply with these expectations are subject to being required to leave our campus. As a reminder, Ridgecrest Conference Center is privately-owned and has the right to establish expectations and guidelines for individuals onsite.
What changes does your church group need to make in light of all this?
- Register your group early so you don’t run the risk of missing out!
- Go over these new changes with your adult leaders and students.
- If you’re unclear on information please ask for clarity.
- Respect the measures that are being taken by HBA Student Ministries and Ridgecrest Conference Center. We are doing everything we can to make sure we can offer this event to these students, to keep them safe, and to keep them healthy. I believe this event is going to be such an incredible blessing for these students in hearing the gospel and knowing what it is to follow Jesus…so let’s be thankful and roll with the changes with a good attitude.